- We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired of God and inerrant in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten of God, conceived of the Holy Spirit, and born of the Virgin Mary.
- We believe the Holy Spirit is a person.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, that he sinned, and thereby incurred not only physical death but spiritual death, which is separation from God, and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature and those who reach moral responsibility become sinners in thought, word, and deed.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified by grace, and not works, on the ground of His shed blood.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of our Lord, His ascension into Heaven and His present life there as High Priest and Advocate for all believers.
- We believe in that “blessed hope,” the personal, pre-tribulational, and imminent return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ to earth with His saints to establish His Kingdom.
- We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit, and thereby they become Children of God, and heirs of eternal life. This is a relationship in which they are eternally secure. This relationship is established by God’s Grace and not human works.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting conscious suffering of the lost, and the felicity of the saved, which demand Heaven and Hell.
- We believe in the existence of a personal devil, who is working in the world to destroy the souls of men and that he and all his angels, and all who receive not Christ as their Savior, will eternally perish in the Lake of Fire.
- We believe the Church, the Body of Christ, is to preach the Gospel to all the world with all of its endeavors being supported by donations and offerings.
- We believe the Body of Christ is to edify and perfect each believer for the work of the Ministry. Each believer has been given a gift to accomplish this Ministry and sign gifts (such as tongues, healings, and foretelling the future) have ceased.
- We believe that God desires for every believer to be a functioning member of a local body or family of believers. These believers are to care and show genuine concern as indicated in the 11 “one another” N.T. Bible passages.
- We believe in Baptism by immersion as a means of showing forth the believers’ identification with Christ in His death, burial, and resurrection. We believe in the Lord’s Supper as explained and defined in 1 Corinthians 11. The frequency of observance shall be at the discretion of the Pastor.
- We believe that God ordains and approves only heterosexual marriage between a man and woman and practicing homosexual behaviors or otherwise publicly identifying as a homosexual is sin.
The Meaning of Salvation
The Bible teaches that sin separates us from God and keeps us from enjoying eternal life with Him.
"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23
"It is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment." Hebrews 9:27
God sent His only Son, Jesus Christ, into the world in order to be the savior from sin.
"God demonstrated His love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8
As such, He will remove our sin and give to us His own righteousness.
"He has made Him [Jesus] who knew no sin to be sin for us that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him." 2 Corinthians 5:21
We cannot trust works (such as being baptized, doing good deeds, receiving communion, or the like) for salvation.
"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast." Ephesians 2:8-9
Although this offer is made to all, sin’s removal is only applied if we believe who Christ says that He is and what He said He would do.
"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you shall be saved." Acts 16:31
Our role is to ask Jesus Christ to be our personal savior. That means we confess that we are sinners, we cannot save ourselves through good works, we ask Him to forgive us of our sin, and ask that He give to us His righteousness.
"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.Romans 10:13
If we do this, the Bible uses the word “salvation” in order to describe the experience. That is because we are saved from hell and saved unto Christ, receiving His righteousness.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16